Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School 2009



So I woke up rise and shine to get Kyler and Kortni off to their first day of Junior High. They looked so cute!!! Kyler has decided to play football (we will see how it goes) and Kortni still is too young to play softball unless her aunt Missey can pull a few strings. I dropped them off at the "New" Show Low Junior High and that was it. They didn't want me to walk them in, hug and kiss them, or make a scene that would draw any attention to them. It is so sad when you aren't the cool aunt anymore, just the aunt with a whole lot of kids in a minivan.

Then it was time to get Logan ready. The first day of the first grade in a new school. I couldn't believe how old he looked in his new school duds. He decided that he wanted to ride to school with his teacher (our neighbor and best friend) Jessica Gilmore. So we said our good byes on the front porch. He is always so together. A quick hug and kiss and he was off. I came back into the house and cried. My oldest baby was off.

I pulled it together and looked at Morgan (our little 5 year old) and his friend, Braedon, and have been counting down the hours until afternoon Kindergarten starts. So sad, but so true. It is time for this boy to spread his wings. Unlike Logan, he is completely dependant on my every move. He is so sweet and those close to us say he truly is our "forever baby." For this very reason I am ready for a break!!! A good break, not a long break, but a break none the less. Good luck Mrs. Marchant----Here comes Morgan and Braedon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mrs. Marchant, our boys are going to give her a run for her money. HAHA. Love ya Kelc!!

    ReplyDelete