Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tonsil Day for Morgan


So it is finally Wednesday and Morgan has to be at the hospital by 6:00 AM. For those of you who know me well enough know that is way too early for Kelci to be rising and shining. We had been building this day up. We let our sweet boy know all about the Popsicles and ice cream that he would get to eat. He was promised toys from Papa and Nana made sure he knew he would be receiving one of her "special" prizes after it was all through. Chris even sweetened the deal by taking the day off for our Morgan. He was so excited!!! After hearing all of that what kid wouldn't be?


When we arrived at the hospital, the deal was still going his way. Sweet Darlene Merrill was his nurse. She brought glad tidings and gifts to boot. He even was presented with his very own blanket that some sweet lady from the auxiliary had made for little guys just like him. Then they wheeled him off. Chris got to go back with him until he fell asleep. Everything WAS good!


As we walked into recovery to sweet Morgan, I knew he was in pain. He is buy far the best of our four kids to have had such a surgery. He is toughest with the best little attitude. He might feel pain, but we don't always know how much pain he feels. The first thing this little man wanted was his jammies back on. Then he wanted all the promises that had got him to this point in the first place to hurry and get there. He was still feeling pretty good. We found out from the doctor that he had numbed the back of his throat pretty good and he shouldn't be feeling anything for quite a while.


Great!!! We headed home and Morgan still felt great. In fact, Chris and I were so exhausted and our little guy was running wild. He wanted to eat everything!!! Nothing was stopping him (except his mom) from doing just what he wanted. I thought if this is how easy this is we had better sign the rest up for a little tonsillectomy, adenoid thing right away.


Then it hit! About 12:00 AM we were in pain. Medicine? If he would take it. Water? If he would drink it. Holy cow, some unknown beast laying beside me was moaning and groaning with a nails on the chalkboard cry. I just wanted to sleep. Couldn't this have started 7 hours ago when I was ready for it. Before I had this thought that all was well and life was normal. It was not normal. I had Morgan crying in pain, Karsyn crying because I wasn't laying by her but by Morgan, and Logan woke up ranting about how I loved them more than him. You might be saying to yourself, "Where in the heck is Chris?". I was asking the same thing until I found him sleeping soundly in one of the boys beds all alone. At that point I could have killed him and strangled the rest of them. By the time he did get up to help Morgan had calmed down, Karsyn had fallen back to sleep, and I had reassured Logan that I loved him just as much as the others.


Now all is well and Morgan is on the mend. Our nights are the hardest, but definitely getting better. I am hoping for school Monday. By the way.... I am not signing the rest up for this Tonsil/adenoid thing anymore either.

1 comment:

  1. I love him!! So glad all is well. Just hope the voice doesn't change too drastically after the next one. I would really miss his husky little voice!

    ReplyDelete