Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This one is for you, MOM


Michelle called me from the valley this past Friday and you would have thought there had been a death in the family. I could hear through the phone a flood of tears and emotion. She then proceeded with this----I am at Fiesta Mall. It has turned into the "Ghetto". I then asked, "Are you Ok?" She then said something like this.... "Dillards is closing! The place where we had so many memories with our mom. The place where she would take us shopping and spend so much money she probably didn't have. Dillards, the one place where she used to take me, you and Kati all the time. " I didn't know at this point if I should laugh or cry. Can you believe it, our family is so nuts. We then concluded after a few minutes that we really knew she was gone because Dillards at Fiesta Mall was going to be gone too. Holy Cow!!! We just might need to be committed for that sad and disturbing conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that does make me sad! I swear Steph spoiled me rotten in that mall! All the guess outfits, she was always so giving and she loved to shop! We always got a new outfit or two along with the Keds shoes! Such sweet memories! You guys should of called me too so I could of laughed and cried with you! Thats funny that happened last weekend because us girls went to Mi Amigos last weekend and I was talking about how Steph loved Mi Amigos and when I ran into you two over in Mesa right after Phil and I got married. Anyways, sweet memories! I hope you are doing good. Gosh I just loved her so much, she was soooooooo good to me! I'm sorry we didn't get together when I was up we were so busy! Next time, promise! Love ya! Kati

    ReplyDelete